The functions of the Agency in terms of Section 3C of the Witness Protection Act are to:-
- Establish and maintain a witness protection programme;
- Determine the criteria for admission to and removal from the witness protection programme;
- Determine the type of protection measures to be applied;
- Advise a government ministry, department, agency or any other person on adoption of strategies and measures on witness protection; and
- Perform such functions as may be necessary for the better carrying out of the purpose of this Act.